POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : French 2 English : Re: French 2 English Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: French 2 English
From: Darcy Johnston
Date: 4 Mar 1999 01:35:22
Message: <36de29aa.0@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <36D### [at] pacbellnet>...
>Greetings !
>
>   I'm attempting to translate a pov file that has #declare's written
> in French. I'm hoping one of the French speaking people that frequent
> this group will be kind enough to provide me with the English equivilants
> for the words listed below. I have some ideas as to what they mean but
> instead of embarrasing myself I think it wiser to to just ask.

Well, I speak french, so let's see if I can give this a try. Of course, some
of the meanings will depend on the context, but the fac that you have tree
and branch should give me a pretty good idea.

> Arbres  =  Tree ?  - Yes
> Feuille = Leaf
> Taille  = Height
> Moyen   = Average
> Ecart   = Gap
> Alea    =  Not sure here. Had to check the dictionairy on this, but if its

> Allure  = I'm not sure here either. Typically Allure means speed or
bearing. In this case, I assume it's bearing.
> Branche =  Branch

Hope that helps,
If that doesn't clarify something, perhaps you can give the snippet of code
so I can try to make more sense of it.
Darcy